Wednesday 28 January 2015

ICEBOX



I am trapped in an icebox,
Colder than an iceberg,
Beating for love, not getting enough,
The stillness of your heart burns.

I once held you so close that I wore you,
You once kissed me so sweet that I melted.
We once loved each other to the point of inseparability,
We once loved each other like magic.

Tragic how time flies and feelings change,
My soul in anger, my heart in pain.
Never understood why things didn't stay the same,
Guess love and other drugs are the strangest things.

I am fighting for my life in this atmosphere,
No telling what is next, maybe the end is drawing near.
Bup-bup, bup-bup, can you hear me knocking?
Shocking how you left me, a rude awakening.

Tired of being here, tired of being scared,
Tired of commitment, since she didn't make it clear.
Her heart is so cold, her stories yet to be told,
So I sit here waiting for an explanation, while I shiver with fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment