Friday 9 January 2015

BEST THING I NEVER HAD


I almost had you,
I almost won your heart,
I almost wrote songs for you,
Now I'm feeling torn apart.
See I didn't almost want you,
I wanted it all,
The love, care, compassion,
That's right I thought you had it all.

But I guess I was in a fantasy,
Reality not known to me,
The mystery is why I,
Only saw my wants and not my needs.
Needing to be everything to my everything,
Not an infatuation of your mind,
The clock stopped, guess it's true,
Everyone runs out of time.

Blank Space call me Taylor,
I have to shake it off,
Though I didn't know you were trouble when we started,
I have to break this off.
Whatever this may be,
Secret lovers or fwb,
I'm moving on and pause...let me finish,
There is no more you and me.

Honestly, you're the best thing I never had,
So sick of love songs, they just make me mad.
One in a million with that sexy love,
The ugly, good and bad.
Reminiscing on the list,
your laugh, your smile, your kiss,
Framing you cause I never pictured this,
I'm just a simple guy with love on my mind,
And my name is Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment