Wednesday 22 May 2019

BLACK EXCELLENCE



Let me tell you about this situation,
I’ve been feeling so unappreciated,
Everything I did, it wasn’t enough.
I was lied to and I fell in love,
So I moved on because I had enough…
 
I shot my shot,
Not knowing the outcome,
Not knowing what truly love was,
Not really down for one.

But as time passed by,
This lady showed me reasons why I
Should devote myself to her
For I see her and I see my…

Ms. Bonnie Parker,
My confidant and co-defendant,
My sunshine, my Nubian Queen,
I thank her for being present.

She’s my ride or die,
My muse and my reason why
I stand here a better guy
Through this great depression,
Through these times.

I did my wrongs but she’s my right,
I’ve been bad but she saw good,
She’s the definition of everything
God intended for me that I misunderstood.

So after all I’ve been through,
I put the past in the casket
To stand by my woman
Letting go and letting God deal with it.

So to those who feel what I feel,
Let your lover know your heart,
And all things in time will reveal
That no one can deny that right here,
Right now, your love is pure black art.

No comments:

Post a Comment